Following Dave’s negotiations with Govia they agreed to reduce the days the pedestrian/cycle access would be unavailable from 14 to 8.
The footpath on the bridge will be closed on the following dates: Please note even when the footpath on the bridge is closed it will not happen until 0845 and will open again by 2045
- 5th & 6th July 2019 08:45 – 20:45
- 11th & 12th July 2019 *08:45 – 20:45
- 28th & 29th July 2019 08:45 – 20:45
- 3rd & 4th August 2019 08:45 – 20:45
We are still pushing and hope they will reduce this again to six. We also hope that the closure over the big weekend will be significantly reduced if not removed.
Further news from Govia can be found here
24th June Mill Rd bridge: shock extra pedestrian closures including weekends
Following a successful campaign by Romsey Labour Party, Govia Thameslink had agreed to provide a footbridge for pedestrians during the closure of Mill Rd bridge, due to begin on July 1stand continue for eight weeks.
Govia had stated that the footbridge would be closed for one week and ‘occasional closure’. Romsey councillors were therefore shocked to learn this week that Govia has increased the closures to affect four weekends.
Romsey councillor Dave Baigent says, ‘We are extremely disappointed at the last minute changes by Govia. These closures will cause considerable inconvenience to Romsey residents. Anyone who cannot cycle will either be shut off from the city centre or will face complicated bus or car journeys.
We have been working closely with Govia to minimize the impact of the bridge closure. We are shocked that they have chosen to spring this information on us so late in the day.’
Latest Closure dates/times
- Friday 5 July until Monday 8 July – from 8.45am until 8.45pm each day
- Thursday 11 July until Saturday 13 July – from 8.45am until 8.45pm each day
- Sunday 28 July until Wednesday 31 July – from 8.45am until 8.45pm each day
- Saturday 3 August until Monday 5 August – from 8.45am until 8.45pm each day
@dave4labour email@example.com 07802 495 329