A planning application has been lodged for the Tivoli:
- Retain frontage
- Build 16 x 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
- A commercial unit on the ground floor
You have until 26th January to comment on this application.
As your local Labour councillors and members we are very concerned about this application which would mean the loss of the Tivoli pub and we will be submitting objections which will cover a wide range of concerns including:
- The owners, Wetherspoon are responsible for this much loved building and should be taking responsibility for rebuilding the pub rather than seeing it as an investment opportunity
- The impact of the proposed building in terms of its height and mass as seen from both Mitcham’s Corner and Jesus Green
- The application documents are of very poor quality and a substantial number of vital documents such as a transport statement or any justification for the loss of the pub are not included.
Detail and comments are at idox.cambridge.gov.uk/online-applications/
or to Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH
The Reference is 17/1771/FUL
We’d also welcome your views and comments.