A revised planning application has been lodged for Whichcote House. The previous application was rejected on the grounds :
“The impact of the increased height and massing on Springfield Road and Springfield Terrace would be unduly dominant and fails to respond well to the site context and fails to create an attractive frontage to positively enhance the streetscape contrary to and would represent poor design.”
The Developer has put in another application, without the previously proposed 3rd floor, for 8 two bedroom flats and 3 one bedroom flats
You have until 10th November to comment on this application.
Grounds that will be considered include whether
- the proposal accords with planning policy for Cambridge
- the proposed use is suitable for the area
- the design, appearance and size of the new building is in keeping with the surrounding area
- the external alterations are in character with the existing property
- adjoining properties will be overshadowed, overlooked or will suffer a loss of privacy
- there will be any increase in noise and disturbance
- there is adequate car parking, cycle, refuse and storage facilities
Comments can be made at https://idox.cambridge.gov.uk/online-applications/ or to Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH Reference 17/1722/FUL .