A planning application has been lodged for the former ‘Staples’ Site which is in the island formed by Chesterton Road, Croft Holme Lane and Victoria Road.
The application is for part-demolition of the existing building and provision of a mixed use scheme comprising 19 small and large Houses of Multiple Occupancy (4-8 bedrooms each) and retail units.
You have until 27th September to comment on this application.
Grounds that will be considered include whether
- the proposal accords with planning policy for Cambridge
- the proposed use is suitable for the area
- the design, appearance and size of the new building is in keeping with the surrounding area
- the external alterations are in character with the existing property
- adjoining properties will be overshadowed, overlooked or will suffer a loss of privacy
- there will be any increase in noise and disturbance
- there is adequate car parking, cycle, refuse and storage facilities
Detail and comments are at :
idox.cambridge.gov.uk/online-applications/ or to Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH . The Reference is 19/1098/FUL.