County Councillor for Castle Division
Since my election in 2017, I have been working very hard with residents, residents’ associations and community groups to make Castle a greener, safer and fairer place for all. Here is some of what I have been doing:
- Working to cut down congestion and pollution
- Representing residents on residents’ parking, bollards to stop cars mounting pavements, repairing potholes etc and traffic calming
- Making Mount Pleasant, Shelley Row and Albion 20 mph
- Opposing overdevelopment
- Fighting to keep our area residential and cut down on disruptive tourism
- Campaigning on the ‘disposal’ of Shire Hall, closure of the Children’s Centres, library cuts, street lighting, educational provision and other cuts made by the Tory- led County Council.
- Improving green spaces
- Helping individual residents with housing and care issues
- Working with our MP and Cllr Scutt to abate the disruption and noise from heavy vehicles
I will continue to work hard to do my best for Castle residents.