I am a longstanding Petersfield resident with a successful track record in campaigning on transport and public health issues. I have a strong commitment to social justice and defending public services. As a Professor of Health at The Open University, I know how education enables people to grow and change, and will fight for high-quality educational opportunities for all.
I pledge to fight to:
- Invest in social care and affordable housing, and to reduce poverty
- Protect funding for education, schools and libraries
- Improve local road safety through better traffic management at the station and elsewhere in the City
- Press for road resurfacing and pavement improvements
- Achieve more residents’ parking
- Tackle congestion and reduce the impact of air pollution’