Parking charges are to be introduced at all Cambridge Park & Ride sites from July 2014
From July 2014 a £1 parking charge will be introduced for anyone to park at each of the five Cambridge Park & Ride sites
- Babraham Road
- Madingley Road
- Newmarket Road
How much will it cost?
The £1 charge will allow you to park for between 1 and 18 hours
There will be a 1 hour free period to allow drop-offs and pick-ups of bus passengers and also to enable people to pick up purchases from the John Lewis distribution centre based at Trumpington.
How do I pay?
Daily tickets can be purchased from ticket machines outside the main buildings on the sites.
There are no barriers and the ticket does not need to be displayed in the vehicle. The system uses cameras that have automatic number plate recognition on entrances and exits. Failure to purchase a ticket after 1 hour will be treated as a parking violation and enforcement action taken by the issuing of a Penalty Charge Notice.
Does it affect concessionary bus pass and blue badge holders?
At present concessionary bus pass holders can still use their pass for free travel on Park & Ride services but they must still pay to park or a penalty Charge Notice will be issued. Blue Badge holders are also required to pay for parking.
Can I park for longer?
Parking for longer than 18 hours will be allowed but the following charges will apply
- Between 18 and 24 hours £10
- Between 24 and 48 hours £20
- Between 48 and 72 hours £30
The maximum permitted stay is 72 hours. The above tickets are available from the ticket machines or online (see below).
Are there discounts for advance purchasing?
Discounts are available for advance purchasing of tickets on-line or via a mobile phone. Discounted prices for advance purchasing are as follows:
- Weekly (up to 7 days) £ 5
- Four weekly £ 18
- Annual £230
Discounted tickets will be available on line from the website listed below. Customers wishing to pay by mobile phone will also need to register first on the same website.
When do I get my bus ticket?
- Park and Ride passengers may pay for the bus service that they require at the same time as they purchase their parking ticket. Or they can get the ticket from the driver but you must have purchased a valid parking ticket first
- National Express passengers must pay for parking at the Park and Ride site and buy a ticket for their journey from the driver or in advance according to National Express rules